Tuesday, May 11, 2010

bookworm

in my last post i discussed favorite music and favorite movies and now i have an assignment to discuss my favorite books.
once again, picking a favorite is pretty much impossible. there are just too many choices. i mean seriously, have you been in a library before? books everywhere! how's a girl to choose?
but i guess if i had to pick a favorite, i could narrow it down to a series. namely, The Children of the Promise books by Dean Hughes. these books are LDS novels written about a fictional family that lived during WWII.
i read these books when i was about 16 and they have remained my favorite books ever since then. i attribute it to the fact that i am fascinated with learning about World War II. add that to the fact that i love LDS novels, and we have ourselves a winner i suppose. i would highly recommend these books to anyone :)

now readers, what is YOUR favorite book? and if you can't narrow it down like i had trouble doing, favorite series? or genre even? i'm always looking for book recommendations so let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I could give you a LOT of book recommendations!! haha. I never read Children of the Promise, but my sister and brother in-law really liked that series, too. I may have to give them a try...
    My favorite book is probably The Host by Stephenie Meyer...not necessarily because I love her writing, but because I love the story line. It bugs me that people love Twilight and a lot of people have never heard of The Host because I think it is a much better book. But, if you throw favorite series into the mix, then Harry Potter wins by far. That's definitely my favorite...it's so good. Also, I loved the Hunger Games series...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard those books are great. I'll have to try them out. Totally agree with The Host and The Hunger Games. I love those books! They are just so unique. I'm starting the Hunger Games for the third time in a month so I guess that shows how much I love it. Definitely worth your time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with The Host. Thanks for introducing me, Kimbah. But I still think it's interesting that we both LOVE the book, but for entirely different reasons. You like the love story, and I completely disregarded that and I was fascinated by Melanie being trapped inside her body without really having any control over it.
    Series: Shopaholic. Or anything by Sophie Kinsella, really.

    ReplyDelete