Monday, June 21, 2010

i did it.

i succumbed. (not entirely sure how to spell that word but you get the gist, right?)

i read the hunger games and catching fire.

i'm still twilight-free (!) but i went to the beach and asked for book donations before i left so i would have something to enjoy in the sand and my friend loaned me the hunger game series. so i read them...
and i can't lie--i did enjoy them. i'm not exactly sure how the author came up with such an...interesting (?) plot but it definitely has a way of captivating any reader. me included.

there. i said it.

now, my question to all my fellow hunger game readers out there is:
team peeta OR team gale????

you tell me what you think and then i'll share my opinion.
and if you haven't read the hunger games series yet then best of luck to you resisting. i tried. i really did. but alas, it was a fruitless effort.

(i maintain my resistance to the twilight series though)

6 comments:

  1. I won't push you on Twilight (especially since all the best Twilight lines are apparently in the movies not the books--"Arizona, how you likin' the rain girl?"), but aren't you glad I pushed you on Hunger Games!? I knew you would be :) I am definitely Team Peeta and darn proud of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Correct spelling of succumb. Kudos to you.
    2. I read the first two Twilights before I gained wisdom. Have since resisted reading or viewing any. So half-kudos to me.
    3. Hunger games has been touted by many close to me. I think I'm taking them to Greer in July. I'll let you know then.
    Good to see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like me some Gale. I can't wait for the third book to come out!

    and good, I am glad you didn't get sucked into the Twilight crap! seriously. never watching those movies. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games has been my favorite book now since I read it. Personally, I like Gale, but I actually don't think Kat should be with either Peeta or Gale. Sad, I know, but I think she needs someone new.

    And Twilight, well, it was great, but I read them before there was ever a plan for a movie, and while I liked them, they're not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAIL! just kidding. i guess as long as you stand your ground on twilight i'll still call you my sister! can't wait to see you SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I found your blog!! and LOVE the twilight....edging on obsessed!! Cannot believe you won't read them! Guess what I'm supposed to be packing for right now.....I'll do it eventually!!! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete